Thursday, August 2, 2012

40K

40,000 words into the new novel. Remember how I said it was less weird, less crazy, more conventional? Well, I lied.

I still don't have a title. I was thinking of In the Blood, but really, how boring is that? My friend Mary suggested The Copious Exsanguinator, but that was too Victorian. I thought about Bleeders but that sounds both a) dumb, and b) like a frat boy making a girlfriend-on-her-period joke. So the ms. remains temporarily nameless.

Yesterday I re-read the whole thing, and realized that it's very similar to Knife Lake. Same themes, same kind of characters, same kind of story arc. Hope it doesn't come across like I'm repeating myself. If nothing else, people who liked KL will probably like this one too.

On another note, I just got back from Israel. Holy shit, what an awesome country.







No comments:

Post a Comment